Joaquin Vespignani, PhD
Associate Professor Joaquin Vespignani specializes in Applied Macroeconomics and Energy Economics. His research focuses on the economics of energy transition, energy commodities and critical minerals. He has widely published in (A and A* ABDC) internationally recognized peer-reviewed Journals in Economics and Finance such as the Journal of Banking and Finance, Energy Economics, Economics Letters and The Canadian Journal of Economics.
His views and research have been featured in the Wall Street Journal (U.S.), The Economist (U.K.), The Guardian (U.K.), the Australian Financial Review and The Conversation (AU) amongst other media outlets. Vespignani also worked as Chief Economist for Australia and New Zealand for Barclays Capital from 2009-2012.
- Associate Professor of Economics and Finance at the University of Tasmania
- Co-Founder Program Director, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Australian National University
- Research Associate at the Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Macroeconomic Expert Group (Energy Market and Macroeconomic Forecast), The Australian Treasury
- Australian Economic Expert Panel at the Economic Society of Australia
- Associate Editor (Macroeconomics), Economic Papers (Economic Society of Australia)
Office: Room 208, Centennial Building, Sandy Bay Campus, University of Tasmania.
Phone: +61 3 6226 2802. Email: Joaquin.Vespignani@utas.edu.au