Joaquin Vespignani, PhD
- Associate Professor of Economics and Finance at the University of Tasmania
-Co-Founder Director of the Research Program "Covid-19 and the Macroeconomics" of the Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Australian National University
- Research associate at the Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Macroeconomic Expert Panel (Energy Market and Macroeconomic Forecast), The Australian Treasury
- Australian Economic Expert Panel at the Economic Society of Australia
- Associate Editor (Macroeconomics), Economic Papers (Economic Society of Australia)
Dr Vespignani specializes in Applied Macroeconomics and Energy Economics. His research focuses on the dynamics of energy markets and macroeconomic variables. He has widely published in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals in Economics and Finance such as the Journal of Banking and Finance, Energy Economics, Economics Letters, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Modelling, Applied Economics, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Journal of Asian Economics, Economic Papers and Australian Economics History Review.
He also contributed to the following working paper series: CESifo (Germany); Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute, FRBD (U.S); College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, ANU (Australia); Norges Bank (Norway); Centre for Applied Macroeconomics and Petroleum Analysis (Norway); Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, ANU (Australia); CIRANO (Canada) and Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, UTAS (Australia).
Office: Room 208, Centennial Building, Sandy Bay Campus, University of Tasmania.
Phone: +61 3 6226 2802. Email: Joaquin.Vespignani@utas.edu.au